Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I could get used to this!

I'm really getting spoiled by my summer schedule!  I love it so much, but I know that at the end of this month I will have to return to work.  I could certainly get used to a relaxed summer schedule everyday!

Here is a new 16 second weaving clip I made to add to my original weaving movie.  I took a picture with my camera after every shot of weft.  It is 150 images consolidated into 15 seconds.  Pretty neat!


 

I worked through my rotations for tie-up #2, and I'm already onto tie-up #3!  I am just working my way through the twill section of the book A Weaver's Book of 8-shaft Patterns edited by Carol Strickler.  It's one of my favorite weaving books! Here is tie-up #3:

There are a few more tie-ups in this book to work though, then I have a few in my head, and maybe I'll also look around in some other books.  I really like tie-up 3 a lot!  I like how some of the threads group themselves together in the design.  Take a closer look!





It's almost like an really big outline and a small dash running through the center.  Fun, fun!  I'll keep weaving through my rotations and then try another one!