Monday, October 29, 2012

Chevrons to Diamonds... we weave them all.

Chevrons are a very popular design.  I wanted to try one in 4/4 twill, but after mapping it out, some parts had floats that were just too long.  I tried doing a 4/4 twill with my yarn just to see what it would look like, and although the design was cool, I think those floats would be problematic right away.  So I decided to change the tie-up to be a 2/2 twill, and it took care of the problem right away.

I am really liking this design in this yarn!  I was going to do just plain chevron zigzags, but then at the last minute I decided to do some diamonds. 



 I especially like these colors.  Blues and greens are my most favorite combination.  I found this yarn for super super cheap at my local craft store.  And it's SOOOO super soft!!


I like the stripes that are appearing in my weaving.  I bought 4 skeins of this stuff, and I like it so much I might have to go back for more.  Hopefully there is some left!  I can think of some cool things I want to weave for myself!!  AAAAANNNNDDDD, it's also Brian's favorite color combination... I might have to whip him up a lovely man-shawl for the winter.  I can do that right?  Make a man-shawl?!