Sunday, July 21, 2013

New colors

I ran out of the bright 8/4 pink, but I wanted to try 2 strands of 12/2, which is the size of the warp.

 You can see that I chose 2 different shades of pinks for the pattern weft.





These are also more square with 4 repeats, and that confirms my prediction that it would be.

I haven't talked much about my book lately, but it's coming along really well.  As soon as I can weave this project off my 4-shaft loom, I can start with some of the samples.  I have 24 drafts that I created in the Bertha-style.  They are all unique and cool looking, so it's really hard for me not to share them right this very second!  I'm looking forward to weaving them up and seeing how they turn out.  I am also enjoying being able to express myself in a book.  It feels good to get this stuff out of my head and down onto paper.  Hopefully the book will be ready soon!!